Update K2: C2 6200m reached, strong winds, Geljen to see the doctor

Interesting but also sad news from K2: According to Alex, they reached K2 last night, but had to fight strong winds and stop their ascent for the moment. Unfortunately, Geljen has to see the doctor, so there is only 4 remaining on the mountain for now.

“Greetings from Camp 2 of Chogori, better known as K2 , at about 6500 meters. We started climbing at 10 am as the strong wind did not allow us to set off before. Therefore, when the wind stopped blowing so hard, we put on the crampons and in 2 and a half hours we arrived at Camp 2. Our intention was to continue going up, but it was impossible due to bad weather conditions.

Our mate Geljen had to return to Base Camp since he had a bad night´s sleep due to a flank pain. Therefore, we decided not to risk, and he is now recovering at the Base Camp together with the doctor and the rest of the team. Thanks for everything, crack! Cheppal, Pasang, Wallung and I continue on this adventure. Tomorrow is another day. Thanks for being there!! Hugs!!!”

Courtesy pictures and text: Alex Txikon

Leave a Reply

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close