K2 Winter ascent: Important decision made!

Due to very strong winds and only two or three climbers left, Alex Txikon and his team made a severe decision on 7000m:

„Estamos bajando, el fuerte viento nos ha impedido seguir adelante con nuestro sueño. Contentos de volver todos juntos. La montaña no se moverá.

❄️ WINTER TOP APPEAL ❄️

#K2winterAlexTxikon

So they decided, as far as we understand, to stop the expedition and descend to basecamp. We are sorry to hear but we are sure they made the right decision.

Climb down safely guys!

Leave a Reply

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close